The Student Newspaper Site of Albert Gallatin High School

The AG Colonial

The AG Colonial

The AG Colonial

Meet the New Teachers

Mrs. Hines

How much do you really know about our teachers here at Albert Gallatin High School? It might
not be as much as you think. Mrs. Hines teaches learning support and co-teaches algebra here
at AG. She attended college at Waynesburg University and Pennwest University, and she says
her favorite part about being a teacher is working with students. When asked why she wanted to
become a teacher, she said she had “some really great teachers in school” and this in turn
inspired her to become a teacher!

Mrs. Pollock

When walking down the hallway here at AG, do you know every teacher that you see? Can you
identify each teacher and what they teach? Mrs. Pollock teaches English here at Albert Gallatin,
and she says that she has always taught English from the beginning of her career. She
attended Waynesburg University and states that her favorite part about being a teacher is the
content she teaches. She says that she had a “really good English teacher in school” and this
inspired her to become a teacher. She claims that her greatest challenge as a teacher is getting
kids to care about school and behavior management, but this doesn’t stop her from doing what
she loves: teaching!

Mrs. Williams

At AG, We’re no strangers to welcoming everyone with open arms. So, let’s welcome some of our new teachers! Mrs. Williams is a new life skills teacher here at AG down in room C124. But why did she want to become a teacher? Her mother actually used to teach, and even taught at AG. Mrs. Williams graduated from California University. One thing she wishes she could tell herself as a starter teacher is to “Be kind, because you never know a student’s background or life.” Welcome Mrs. WIlliams!