The Student Newspaper Site of Albert Gallatin High School

The AG Colonial

The AG Colonial

The AG Colonial

Valentine Grams

Valentine Grams

Valentine Grams is a yearly Valentine’s tradition at the Albert Gallatin school district hosted mainly by the interact club every single year by Mrs. Martin, adviser of the interact club.

The Interact club hosts a Valentine’s Gram event every single year near the time of Valentine’s day. It is mainly an event where kids all over the school, First year to Fourth year, as well as teachers are able to purchase said Valentine’s gram for thyself, a Friend, secret admirer, believe it or not you can also secretly buy it for a teacher of your interest.

How it works is whenever the purchase is complete, you have the option to send it to yourself, or the option to send it to a peer in school, and or of course a teacher.

How this process works is you’ll need to give them your name, and the individual’s name. If the individual you wish to send this gift to is a student, you’ll have to give information to the sellers rather said student is a senior, or below.

This is because seniors who receive a Valentine’s Gram will receive it in their second-period, whilst everyone who is not a senior will receive it in their ninth-period class.

However, some exceptions can be made if you go to afternoon CTI as opposed to morning CTI. Of course, you must provide this information to the sellers if you believe it may be an issue. They will for sure come up with a solution.

Now, what actually is a Valentine’s Gram? You see, Valentine’s Gram includes a Red or Pink Carnation, a Pre-printed message, and the greatest of all a Sarris Candy Bar.

Here is some information regarding these things.

Sarris Candy Bars

When buying, you have the option to choose between 4 different types of Sarris candy bars.

These options include—

Milk Chocolate, Caramel Chocolate, Crunch Chocolate, and Peanut butter Chocolate.

Carnations

A carnation can come in many different colors, however, you won’t be able to choose the specific color, not only that, you’ll get either a pink, or red carnation upon the day it is given out.

Pre-printed message

Upon receiving what you have purchased or upon whoever receives this gift, will also get a pre-printed message that is Valentine’s themed. You won’t be able to choose the pre-printed message, and you won’t be able to write a message on it before receiving it.

Cost

The cost for these Candy grams is only 5.00$ a piece.

The carnation in itself can range in price from 1.00$ to 5.00$ a piece, even higher at times. Mixed in with the Sarris candy bar and the many types of options you can choose from with the type of chocolate you desire, it’s quite a good deal considering it’s only 5.00$ a piece per Valentine’s Gram.

However, every year the prices may change, meaning prices can vary each school year.

Students and teachers alike are often delighted to receive these surprise gifts from their peers, friends, or secret admirers.

The candy grams can create a positive and festive atmosphere within the school community, making this event well worth it in a traditional time where love is embraced.

The Valentine grams will be received and given out on Valentine’s day
February 14, 2024.