The Student Newspaper Site of Albert Gallatin High School

The AG Colonial

The AG Colonial

The AG Colonial

2024 Albert Gallatin Blood Drive

What does Mrs. Wolf have in common with a vampire? They both want your blood! On February 29th the school will be holding a blood drive in the gym from 8am-1pm. The blood drive was suggested to the school by the student council because the school used to do it years prior. Everything is being done through the American Red Cross , with trained professionals who do this everyday. If you do decide to participate in the blood drive, you must be 16, and have your parents consent. You are recommended to eat a good breakfast the morning of, and to drink a lot of water leading up to it to have more fluid. The whole process will take about an hour, with snacks given afterwards! You also get a 25$ amazon gift card for participating in it. After 2 weeks, you will be able to know your blood type, and even where your blood ends up on its “blood journey.” The hope of this project is to bring awareness to helping people to the student body, in hopes that students will continue to help people later on in life. Projects like this are good for the community, but also for bringing the school together. Save a life, give blood.